Ath Secrets - Private city tour off the beaten track | Book a Guide
Athens’ everyday life with tourist attractions, which remain secret to most tourists.
Hidden gems, historical & modern insider tips.
Book a Guide | Highlights
About the Ath Secrets walking tourThe center of Athens stretches over a large area. Thus the walking tours with will inspire you to come back and explore on your own afterwards. Do you want to see Athens’ everyday life, its people, architecture or take fancy photos? Most travel books only mention the archaeological and famous sights; we will pass by and have a glimpse and discover even more. Are you interested in contemporary Greek designers, galleries, street art, a rustic tavern, or a wine tasting?
Arts and culture, past and modern, smells and tastes... A taste of Athens’ everyday life with sights most tourists never even hear about. According to your personal interests, this tour can be slightly customized by prior arrangement. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
If you stay longer in Athens, you now have a first impression and orientation of the city and its history. Feel free to ask me how to get around and what's also worth seeing, you will be provided with valuable information to continue on your own after. Get also a ticket after this tour and visit all the archaeological sites by yourself. The ticket is valid for a few days and includes the most important archaeological sites in the center of Athens. Please note that this ticket is not included in our tour and we do not enter the archaeological sites.
Try some snacks or dishes! Would you like a traditional Greek coffee? A Souvlaki-to-go? Or do you prefer something sweet? What about eating in the style of 200 years ago? There is a great selection of different things!
Recommended day of the Athens Secrets Tour
Monday to Saturday (please note that Saturday most shops close between 3 and 5pm). It is recommended to choose a day when shops are open.
- Language: English (also German, Dutch or Greek possible)
- Meetingpoint & time: upon agreement
- Comfortable shoes will do!
- Disability (walking): please contact me beforehand
- Meeting point: Metro Station ACROPOLIS (upper exit, Metrolinie 2): Makriyianni Street / Dionysiou Areopagitou Street. An individual time for the tour can be arranged. Pick up at hotel with extra fee.
- Please note that the ticket to the excavations/museums is not included in our tour and that we do not enter the archaeological sites.
The archaeological sites are closed on January 1st, March 25th, May 1st, Greek Easter Sunday, December 25 & 26th.
- The tour includes
- English language walking tour.
- Valuable info and inspiration for your own program afterwards.
- Duration: 3 hours
- This tour is private with no other guests.
- private expenses as food/beverages,
- entry fees,
- tickets public transport,
- pick up at hotel,
The tour does not include