Book a Guide | Highlights
About the die Culinary Experience
Moussaka, Gyros and Baklava are the most popular and known, but there is more to discover!
During the walking tour you will get to know where Athenians eat, which delicacies they nibble, far from the overcrowded tourist restaurants. Did you always wanted to know more about Greek food, learn about ingredients, try out unusual local delights (rarely mentioned in common travel books!) or learn more about the traditional culinary habits?
This tour will be an extraordinary experience for you!
We stroll through the historical center and you taste sweet, savory, hearty delights... meat, vegetables, fruits and pastry. Wine, liquor, schnapps... at many different venues. An extraordinary experience!
The typical Athenian likes to pass by at his favorite small store to do groceries for home, drops in to have a snack and then returns to work. Learn more about the origin of Greek food and drinks, local traditions and culinary delights. You will be surprised by what Greece has to offer!
Recommended day of the Culinary Experience Tour
Monday to Saturday (please note that Saturday afternoon after 5pm most shops close). It is recommended to choose a day when shops are open.
- Language: English (also German, Dutch or Greek possible)
- Meetingpoint & time: upon agreement
- Comfortable shoes will do!
- Disability (walking): please contact me beforehand
- Meeting point: Metro Station ACROPOLIS (upper exit, Metrolinie 2): Makriyianni Street / Dionysiou Areopagitou Street or Metro Station MONASTIRAKI (upper exit at the big square). An individual time for the tour can be arranged. Pick up at hotel with extra fee.
- Please note that the ticket to the excavations/museums is not included in our tour and that we do not enter the archaeological sites.
The archaeological sites are closed on January 1st, March 25th, May 1st, Greek Easter Sunday, December 25 & 26th.
Additional informationPlease let me know asap date and time of the tour, so we can arrange with the traditional venues, shops, places. Tour price depends on number of participants, please contact me for an estimated cost.
- The tour includes
- English language walking tour
- the above mentioned food & beverage
- valuable info and inspiration for your own program afterwards.
- Duration: 3 hours
- extra private expenses as food/beverages other than included in the tour,
- entry fees,
- tickets public transport,
- pick up at hotel,
The tour does not include